Thursday, April 23, 2020

Earth Stars


Earth Stars

My partner called me out to come “see the stars”.  We do have some amazing views of the stars so I put on my sandals and out I went to join him and our son.  I had a little light on, so I did not notice what I was walking into… Then they turned off their flash lights and asked me to turn off mine… We were in a sea of lightning bugs that twinkled and appeared and disappeared as if the entire area had been decorated with flashing beautiful Christmas lights.  It was as if after the first rains, the very stars had come down from the heavens and turned to "earth stars"  for us to take notice of the magic we live in every day; the miracles that our Mother Earth performs each day and displays right before our eyes... if we allow it and notice it.  I was in awe and overjoyed. 
And these days I wake up every morning to a gift of mangoes freshly fallen from our tree in the back gardens of our Sustainability Demonstration Center.  As I walk to our worm-composting area with a bucket full of fruit skins, I see the avocados ripening and the monkeys swaying in the trees, and I stop to eat a juicy mango.  Then I walk to the veggie garden and see the leaf-cutter ants have eaten some of my very precious moringa plants.  

As I ponder what to do, the “earth stars” remind me to carefully evaluate what to do about these farmer aunts… The lightning bugs are here because they are safe from pesticides. The mangoes I eat are also free from poisons, which is why the monkeys and we like them so much.  So, I am moved to further research how to encourage the ants to relocate and eat something else out in the forest.  When we move too fast, we are pressed for time, have more on our plates than we could ever do; there may be little energy left to evaluate the choices we make… but every little choice we make, has an effect on the Whole… we are all interconnected. 

The Corona issue has allowed us more time for a great deal of reflection, appreciation, contemplation, contact with nature, and it is my hope that there is a transformation in my own consciousness, an evolution, towards a healthier and more joyous way of being.  And as I am a part of the Whole, when I heal and do better, the entire planet will also do better.  I would like to think there is something similar going on in a great number of people around the globe, and that when we come out on the other side, there won’t be “business as usual” because the “usual” was killing us all and our planet.  But that we will do a different kind of business; the business of being joyous and healthy on all levels.



No comments:

Post a Comment